The collection acquires, stores, provides access to and makes available library material created by Slovenians living abroad. As a corpus separatum, it keeps the core of D-collection "Forbidden Literature from 1945 to 1991" (so-called D-fund), which was set apart from the rest of the material (emigrant and diaspora) from the very beginning of the collection’s creation.
- Collecting library material created by Slovenes living around the world,
- supplementing the NUK library collection with Slovenian literary works and works about the Slovenian language and literature (Slovenika) published abroad,
- updating the basic D-collection – Forbidden literature from 1945 to 1991,
- expanding the collection with Slovenian refugee prints between 1945 and 1949 from refugee camps in Austria and Italy,
- supplementing the collection with emigrant literary and archival legacies, and material brought to Slovenia by returnees,
- scientific-research and development work relating to the collection material,
- providing bibliographic and professional information on material of Slovenes living around the world,
- searching for and maintaining contacts with Slovenian communities and individual Slovenes around the world,
- promoting the collection and NUK – to be the library of all Slovenes.
Information and Responsibility;
*As Special Collections material is stored at different locations, a pre-order is necessary (material ordered by 11 am, will be available for viewing the next day).