The collection holds pictorial material (original or reproduced graphics, drawings, illustrations, photographs on any medium (postcards, photographs, posters, calendars, graphic folders, single graphic sheets, illustrations, drawings, etc.) with particular strength on Slovenian authors and Slovenian territory, regardless of the time dimension.
The collection comprises about 100,000 units of material. The largest are the collection of postcards of more than 50,000 postcards of the Slovenika and the Jugoslavika (material published in the area of the former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia), and the collection of posters with more than 9,000 items. The collection of portraits, documentary and landscape photography is also significant - among valuable examples of pictorial material are individual graphic sheets and folders, and original works by Slovenian artists. The diversity of the pictorial collection is complemented by collections of calendars and images.
- supplementing the collection of pictorial material, the collection of portrayals of famous Slovenes, the collection of postcards, the collection of posters, the collection of images and the collection of calendars,
- selecting of reference literature in the field of graphics, drawings, illustrations and photos, and management of databases,
- bibliographic processing of material,
- scientific-research and development work relating to the collection material,
- providing bibliographic and professional information on the material.
Information and Responsibility
*As Special Collections material is stored at different locations, a pre-order is necessary (material ordered by 11 am, will be available for viewing the next day).