The majority of the material is kept in closed storage where the users cannot access the book shelves. Information on the material and its accessibility can be found in the computer catalogue - KatNUK. Only items available for home loan can be checked out (status "available - outside loan").
- Search for material in the computer catalogue - KatNUK (COBISS+). At the bottom of the material information page, under the Reservation tab, select the "Circulation Desk " pickup location and click on the "reserve" button to start the ordering process. Log in with your membership card number and password and complete the ordering process. You can also order materials from the Stock tab by clicking on the "reserve" button, selecting the "Circulation Desk " pickup location and logging in.
- When the material is available for collection at the Registration and Circulation Desk (ground floor, room 4), we will send you a notification to the email address you provided when you registered with the library. You will usually receive the materials from the storage rooms at 1 Turjaška Street (prefixed with b, GS, U or UK) within 30 minutes of ordering. The delivery time for materials from the remote storage (signed DS, MDS, UDS) is given in the section Delivery of materials.The material will be waiting for you for 7 days.
- The loan period for library materials is 30 days. If the material is not reserved by another user, the loan period can be extended three times. After 120 days, you must bring the material to the library for inspection. If you still need the material and it is not reserved, you can borrow it again immediately.
- If you can't find the material you're looking for, use the Ask NUK service.
- You can borrow up to 15 items at a time. If you would like to borrow more items, please send your request to email@example.com.
- You cannot order materials if you have outstanding debts to the library.
- Your membership card is not transferable to another person, so you can only order and collect materials in person. In the case of a legitimate reason (e.g. illness), another person may borrow materials on your behalf, but only with your authorisation (print the form or send the details of the proxy to firstname.lastname@example.org). The proxy may also renew your membership or pay debts to the library on your behalf.
- Members without a permanent residence in the Republic of Slovenia who do not have a guarantor cannot borrow materials at home.