Areas of Responsibility
- To monitor the functioning of libraries.
- To collect, process and mediate statistical data on the operation of libraries.
- To offer advice and counsel to libraries.
- To deliver professional opinion on library-related issues based on the established professional knowledge.
- To discuss and produce drafts of acts and bye-laws, and professional rules and regulations in the area of librarianship.
- To co-ordinate and implement basic and applied research projects in the field of librarianship.
- To encourage promotion of libraries and their activities.
- To co-ordinate library activities with the competent ministries which exercise a decisive influence on library activities.
- To grant library codes and registration numbers.