Earlier this year, we took part in an exhibition featuring vintage postcards from Slovenia. This exhibition celebrated the beautiful cities, landscapes, and regions across south-eastern Europe.
These postcards show us a nostalgic view of south-east Europe. We want to see what the places in the exhibition look like today.
Visit the Picture This! exhibition to see exactly which places and landmarks Europeana is looking for.
The countries featured are:
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
How to enter
It’s easy, just submit your photographs to the competition via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #PicThisEurope. In your post please state which country, place or landmark is featured in your image.
What will make your image a winning shot
We love people but for this competition we want you to share your best shots featuring landscapes and/or landmarks as the focus point. We will not be able to accept images featuring people.
What you will win
Winners will receive a hamper of smartphone camera accessories and have their images featured in the Picture This! exhibition. Runners-up will receive Europeana goody bags.
Closing date is Thursday 31 August 2017
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is organised by the Europeana Foundation, whose registered office is at Prins Willem-Alexanderhof 5, 2595 BE Den Haag, The Netherlands.
- We welcome entries from anyone aged 16 years or over except employees of the Europeana Foundation, participating partner organizations and their close relatives,or anyone otherwise connected with the organization or on the judging panel of the competition.
- The competition is free to enter. By entering this competition entrants are providing consent for their submission to be used by the Europeana Foundation in connection with the Europeana Collections website, related website, including but not limited to publicly displaying it, incorporating it into promotional activities, social media and other works.
- The Europeana Foundation will not claim copyright ownership of image submissions.By entry into this competition entrants are consenting to their images being licenced under CC BY-SA.
- Each person may submit one entry. A person will be disqualified if they submit multiple entries, or an image that does not meet the entry criteria. Only pictures of landscapes/landmarks will be accepted. Closing date for entry will be Thursday 31 August 2017. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Winners will be chosen by a public vote and an independent panel of judges appointed by the Europeana Foundation.
- First place winners will receive a hamper of smartphone camera accessories and have their images featured in the Picture This! exhibition. Runners-up will receive Europeana goody bags. The Europeana Foundation will not be responsible for the payment of any additional taxes or costs incurred for prizes that are sent overseas.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or direct message on Twitter/Facebook within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim their prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The Europeana Foundation reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.